Verve works closely with several charities and organizations that benefit people in need. Unsold items are donated to:
· Single Parents Association, wherein both men and women get the benefit of the donated clothes - it is one of the only organizations that help out men.
· Artemis Place (formerly the GAP program) offers unwed mothers and/or pregnant teenage girls an opportunity to finish their education.
Verve Fashion opened its doors in 1996 providing Victorians the opportunity to shop designer labels for both men and women at 60% to 70% off the regular retail price. The new owner, Margot Fletcher, purchased the store September 2015.
Verve offers labels such as Alexander MacQueen, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Helmut Laing, Louis Vitton, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Stella McCartney, together with Canadian labels such as Sara Pacini, Lida Baday, Mackage, Smythe, DSquared, and Pink Tartan.
We also carry popular brands such as Rag & Bone, Joie, All Saints, James Perse, Citizens for Humanity, 7 for Mankind, Paige and JBrand, Vince, Eileen Fisher and Theory.
The experienced staff provides personalized service and help customers create a wardrobe that is both fashion forward and affordable.
Tips For Shopping Consignment
The things to remember and keep in mind when shopping consignment are:
· Shop frequently as products change daily;
· Be sure to ask sales staff if you are looking for something specific as there hundreds of individual items and back stock that the staff can locate quickly;
· Ask to be added to the customer call list if any specific labels or items are wanted;
· Examine all items before purchasing as all sales are final, the product is not owned by the store;
· If a flaw is noticed, be sure to point it out to the sales staff and ask for a discount if you still want to purchase it;
· Shop the entire store as the perfect item may be hidden on a rack
Verve Policies and Procedures
· We accept Cash, Visa, Mastercard, and Debit cards
· All transactions are processed in Canadian funds.
Privacy and Security
· Verve Fashion Inc. uses state-of-the-art security measures and fail-safe technology to ensure the privacy and protection of our customers.
· Member contact information is not sold to any 3rd parties.
· All sales are final. Verve Fashion Inc. is a consignment store so product is not owned by Verve Fashion Inc.
· Clothing taken in by appointment only, Tuesdays through Fridays.
· The contract is for 3 months during which time Verve will make every effort to sell the Consignor’s items.
· Consignors will receive 40% of the final selling price after taxes and minus any account charges incurred.
· Consignors have the choice of having their unsold items returned to them or donated to charity at the end of the contract.
· Garments requiring cleaning or repair will be attended to by Verve with the incurred cost charged to the Consignor’s account.
· Should faults be discovered after items have been accepted, Verve reserves the right to mark down the item and sell “As Is” without notice to the Consignor.
· Verve reserves the right to mark down at our discretion, at any time, based on the type, length of time in stock and general competitive resale.
· Account payments are made when an account balance is $50 or more.
· Cheques will be issued on the 10th and 20th of each month upon the consignor’s request.
· It is the responsibility of all Consignors to inquire on their own account, returned items not picked-up within one month are forfeited and donated to a charity of our choice.
· Unclaimed monies after 1 year become the property of Verve.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
2013 Government st,
Victoria, British Columbia
Tuesday-Saturday 10am - 5:00pm